In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of Vue and Angular and compare them.
Developed by Evan You, Vue is a progressive framework which is growing more and more popular each passing day. This UI framework is widely used for building interactive user interfaces and single-page applications. With the highest amount of stars on GitHub, developers around the world prefer this framework for building interactive single-page web applications. Around 1,31,658 websites are running on Vue.JS framework.
Pros and Cons of Angular
Pros of Angular –
- It’s is completely free and can be used for building any kind of web apps including user-review app, travel app, weather apps, video streaming apps, content web apps, social apps, mobile commerce apps and more.
- Web applications written in Angular are responsive, fast loading and easy-to-navigate.
- Using lesser code, the individual can focus more on the efficiency of the application.
- Developers can use this framework alongside with Typescript as it provides exceptional support for it.
- Since it’s an open-source framework, the developers can expect the number of errors or issues to be minimal.
- This framework is more intuitive as it makes use of HTML as a declarative language. Thus, there is no need to spend much time to code the entire application.
- Testing is a big advantage of using this framework. Angular JS is unit testing and integration testing ready.
- Angular follows MCV which helps developers to build web applications quickly.
- Detailed documentation that provides all necessary information for the individual developer without discussing with other developers.
- One-way data-binding reduces the risks of errors.
Cons of Angular –
- Angular is featured with a variety of different structures such as components, Injectable, modules and more that makes it a bit harder than React and Vue.js.
Pros and Cons of Vue
Pros of Vue –
- Vue.js is small in size as 18–21KB, that is the biggest advantage of it. It takes no time for the user to download and use it.
- With the basic understanding of HTML and CSS, one can easily build web applications using it.
- Component’s dependencies are the only reason to choose Vue over React and other frameworks available. The component’s dependencies can be tracked automatically during its rendering.
- Due to the ease of integration, Vue.js has become the most popular choice of developers building for web development as it can be used with a variety of existing web applications. Vue.js can be integrated into other frameworks.
- Web applications written in Vue can be customized easily.
- Another thing that makes it best for web app development is its detailed documentation. This is similar to the Angular as it contains an introductory guide and good overview of API.
- Due to MVVM architecture, this framework also provides two-way communications to easily handle HTML blocks.
Cons of Vue –
- Vue.js lack in the part of having resources. In terms of market share vue.js has a pretty small market share in comparison with react and angular.js, which means that knowledge of this framework is at a basic level or a beginning phase.
- Vue.js lacks over the flexibility if there is flexibility then there is a lot of risks. Example of one of the risk factor in flexibility of this framework is that while integrating it on a huge project vue.js might still have some issues and there may be no solution for it to be resolved, but its solutions are expected to be coming soon.
Based on the comparison discussed above, Angular JS and Vue both are the most popular frameworks of JS for building the great structure of mobile applications. You can choose the right platform among them according to your app requirements. If User Interface is on your top priority, then you should go with Vue. And if you want to build feature-rich single page application then Angular is the best framework for you. If you are still confused in choosing the framework and want to know more about Vue and Angular in detail, then we are here to help you with the right solution. We have a team of experienced mobile app developers who have a good understanding of Angular JS and Vue.