You all smartphone users would have heard about or well-familiar with the most popular photo editing applications like Snapseed, PicsArt, Prisma, Instagram Filter and more. Since the launch, these apps have received an overwhelming response from the people. Still, people just next to you capture photos from their phones and filter them using a variety of filter tools available in the apps and upload them on social media platforms to get a compliment or catch the user’s eye. These types of photo editing apps giving people perks that were limited to desktop or computers.
There is no doubt that the Google Play Store and Apple App Store are full of varieties of photo editing applications that are free and extremely popular in the stores.
Yes, we are going to discuss the best photo editing apps that we have shortlisted based on various parameters like User Interface, featured editing tools, quality of the results and number of downloads. These apps do much more than adding effects to the photos clicked by the users. These apps not only help you make photos better but make editing more enjoyable.
So, let’s get started with our list of top 6 photo editing apps for Android and iOS that you can try your hands on these cool photo editing apps we’ve compiled in this post.
- Photoshop Express
You all would have heard this name. It’s one of the most popular photo editing software which has made billions of photos. Now Adobe Photoshop is offering perks to the users through their app. Photoshop express comes featured with many of Photoshop’s best photo editing tools which lets you make photo editing more enjoyable on a small screen.
- Cloud- All the edited photos users can save on cloud location.
- Blemish removal: This feature helps you remove spots, dirt, and dust from your photos.
- Auto-Fix: It helps you with the one-touch adjustment for exposure, contrast, and white balance.
- Looks– Users can choose from more than 45 eye-catching effects.
- Watermark Images: Using this, users can add custom text or graphical watermarks to images.
- It offers both simplicity and technical customization.
- Clear User Interface and easy-to-use.
- Collaborates great with other Adobe products.
- Large Adobe Community
- If compare it with other apps, it’s slow due to large file size and typical to use for the newbie.
- The new version is not compatible with old devices.
- PicsArt Photo Studio
PicsArt Photo Editor is the best free app for iOS and Android. This app provides users with tons of awesome editing tools that make photo editing better and hassle-free. In addition to the editing, users can create their profile and can upload their edited photos on it.
- Create Dispersion– This is a pretty amazing tool that lets you create flying dispersed triangles in the image.
- Effects and Filters– Using this, users can easily add effects and filters as per their taste.
- Add Stickers– Stickers come in the form of images that can be placed on top of other images. PicsArt app comes with millions of stickers like spirals, smoke effects, color splashes to emojis, wings, and hearts.
- Numerous Filters and Effects
- Multiple Sharing Methods
- Highly Intuitive
- Social Media Integration
- Awesome community of people
- Some Effects Lag
- Nearly Overwhelming
- Fotor Photo Editor
Fotor is one of the most popular photo editors, that has been designed to bring powerful digital editing to users. With 1-tap enhance, filters & effects, resize, crop, collage making, background remover, rotate and straighten, it also has many unique features for advanced editing needs. Available on both iOS and Android, this app provides amazing photo editing experience.
- Exclusive 100+ photo effects
- Advanced Beauty features
- 30+ stylized photo frames
- 300+ custom-designed stickers
- Artistically designed backgrounds and textures
- 80+ collage templates
- Advanced filter options
- Eye-catching User Interface
- 1000+ design templates dimensions
- Doesn’t support printing
PhotoDirector is the best multi-purpose photo editing tool helps its users edit the photos in the best way. This app features a stylish and user-friendly interface which helps users to make quick changes in the photos. The app has an in-app camera using this you can apply live photo effects as you snap your photos. You can share edited images quickly on Facebook, Flickr, and more.
- Creative blending modes
- Bevel & Emboss Text Effect
- Layer Adjustment
- Create GIFs
- Group & Filter layers
- On-click Layer Alignment
- Dehaze tool- for removing haze, fog, and mist from images
- Photo FX- for applying effects to certain regions in phots
- A friendly yet powerful interface.
- Cloud For Photo Upload
- Cool AI styles
- Tethered shooting support
- No, geotag maps
Snapseed is the best photo editing app that Google has given to photo editing lovers. This app features a range of pre-set filters that helps you edit images in the best way. Using this app, the one can have good control over the variety of tools and can perform s number of editing including blur, temperature, and other attributes, including grainy overlays and 1960s-style film reel effects.
- Tune Image– This feature has basic image editing features like brightness and contrast.
- Shadows– Using this the users can perform the same thing as Highlights but for the darkest areas of the photo.
- HDR Scape– This is the best feature of Snapseed that provides an instant visual effect on your photo.
- Grainy Film– This is to add a vintage effect to your photos.
- Free to use
- Dynamic User Interface
- Easy-to-use feature
- Great Functionality
- Cloud Storage
- Large Community
- Hard to learn for complete beginners
Enlight app with a huge range of editing tools has managed to make its position under the top 6 photo editing applications. This app available on iOS possesses a wide range of preset styles, textures, filter options, light leaks, borders, frames, textures, and collage layout. This app gives users more control over geometric adjustments, localized image editing needs and masking features.
- Refit tool– This is the best feature that helps you to move elements of your photo closer together. It requires a fairly simple background to be effective.
- Masking tool– It allows you to blend effects seamlessly.
- Image (Enhance Color, Exposure & Clarity)– This tool allows you to implement perfect color, exposure (brightness levels), and detail in your photos.
- Target Tool– This tool allows you to directly apply targeted edits to targeted areas of an image. It’s best for adjusting the color in a certain area.
- Easy to use tools
- Appealing Interface
- Dynamic Functionality
- This tool is compatible only with iOS platform.
- An only paid version is available.
Photo Editing is a great option if you look at it as a business opportunity. If you want to develop a photo editing app like the above apps then you need to give a proper time from idea to launch to marketing. And, it is very important to understand the users’ taste and provide them features accordingly. You can also hire a mobile app developer and photo editing app development company for your project. We at Endive Software have 10 years of experience in developing mobile applications. Our team of experienced mobile application developers has built various photo-editing apps to our global customers.