ERP (Enterprise resource planning) is an integrated system that includes the tasks performed by an organization in a uniform way. An ERP solution is an important business tool, for integrating different business functions in a single app.
ERP technologies have improved enterprises’ data security center performance. According to a survey by Statista, more than 94% of the firms have backed the above statement.
Reasons Why Enterprises Prefers ERP Solutions
The role of IT in developing ERP is huge. Below we will discuss the list of ERP technologies that you require for developing an ERP system.
Before we move on to discuss the ERP application lists, we will also talk about some other things. To fully understand ERP technologies, we need to understand its type. In the blog below, we will cover all that.
Types Of Enterprise Resource Planning Solutions Available
Client/server or Desktop ERP
A client/server ERP solutions run on an interconnected hub of computers. They connect via a local network or cloud server. It lets the developer host the database centrally and distributes services into all other locations. It is great for firms as they can monitor and manage resources in real-time.
Cloud/web-based ERP Solution
The cloud/ web-based ERP solution uses a SaaS-based cloud service to run the database and backend services. For accessing this ERP system, you require a simple browser on any device.
All the application hosted on the server like memory and so on is accessible by the user. The cost of installing this solution is low, and the turnover is quick.
Hybrid ERP is a mix of both the desktop based and web-based ERP solutions. It has two versions- one is the desktop app and the other you can use via a web browser.
The backend of the web app is the server while for the desktop version; it’s the user’s machine. The database for both the version is the same. Similarly, both versions request access to data in a similar manner.
The choice between the ERP solutions for your enterprise is yours. But it is seen that most firms prefer the Hybrid ERP solution. The reasons behind this are:
- Rapid/quick implementation
- Easy and short maintenance cycle
- Independence of the vendor.
Hosting ERP On In-House Server Or Cloud- Which To Choose?
The choice of hosting server depends on the company’s policy and finances. But you also have to take some other things into consideration. Otherwise, a bad or inefficient choice can prove to be a disaster for your firm.
Most companies prefer two server- In-house server or Cloud server for their ERP technologies. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of both so that it makes your decision a bit easy.
- You can control your backup with In-house server.
- Your data is not accessible to third-party
- No requirement of the Internet for running various operations
- It is cost-efficient, so it is great for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Cost of installing the infrastructure and hardware is high
- It requires huge storing space and skilled set of IT people.
- Percent of losing data is high with In-House server.
- There is no guarantee of data recovery.
- It is best for small businesses that are capable of outgrowing their storage space capacity.
- With a Cloud server, you have better security
- With cloud-based technology, you can create an easy backup on any devices.
- The backup takes little time which means there is less chance of losing the data.
If due to any reason, you experience data loss. Then, recovering it using Cloud Server is costly.
Data recovery takes a lot of time
Cloud works on Ithe internet, and if both parties have no connectivity. Then, accessing data is going to be a problem.
List Of ERP Technologies
Here are software development technologies lists for ERP system development.
ERP Database Systems and DBMS
ERP system developers have a long list of ERP database technologies that work pretty well for them. A database is an important part of the framework that stores data. A DBMS is a system that interacts with the users and lets them access the data. There are numerous databases in the market, but for ERP, these are best.
It is the most advanced ERP system database in the market. It is open-source that has the top spot in the ERP technologies list. It is the best choice for ERP system development because:
- It merges well with the rest of the ecosystem of the application.
- You can easily integrate it into the software as it possesses high technology.
- It has a diverse set of indexing technology, full-text speech and so on. All these are crucial for ERP software development.
The most popular ERP databases are Microsoft MSSQL. Some of the best features of MSSQL are:
- Storing and retrieving data as and when requested by users.
- It assists in enhancing the server’s performance.
- The cost of installing this database is pretty low.
- Most importantly, it has the best security features which make its developers first choice.
Oracle SQL is the new addition in the list of ERP technologies. It is a relational database which is preferred as it is capable of updating, storing and retrieving data at super speed whenever required.
- It has a self-governed features aids system from failing.
- In SQL, there is no need for the manual task as data storing is automate and accessing it is also easy.
List Of ERP Technologies For Backend Programming
There are numerous programming languages for back-end services. Let’s check them out:
.Net and ASP.NET are the best and favorite framework that developers include in their ERP technologies list. Many people question how to make ERP software in ASP.NET? The answer to this question lies below:
- It requires less code and also developers can re-use them. It helps owners save time and money.
- It has a rich set of features and tool for web and desktop app development.
- It allows easy application integration with partners with the use of the Internet.
Java too is best suited for desktop or web-based ERP solution or both simultaneously. It is best suited for a system that needs both cloud and desktop computing.
- The Java code for ERP can be reused for other business purposes. It is easy to code using Java. The benefits of using Java include:
- Enhance UI for mobile/desktop app or software
- It has proper data security. Even if you download resources from non-trusted websites, you will not harm your data.
- It is flexible, efficient, and dynamic.
Ruby is also a new addition in the list of ERP technologies. The reasons why developers prefer Ruby are:
- Its self-hosting feature is capable of extending the modules and classes.
- It is best for CRM development due to its quick integration with databases.
- For web-based ERP application without the desktop version, it is the best backend choice.
- Since Ruby is supported only by a big community it is harder to maintain. Also, there is a lack of Ruby developers in the market.
For a great ERP system, you should use a simple, easy and open technology for everything. That is why Python ERP is a great choice as it is easy to read and use. Python creates byte-code for complex applications and provides regular monitoring of the same.
PHP ERP framework is worth mentioning because most applications of an Enterprise use PHP. Due to lack of better languages and PHP being the first server-side technology, developers used it extensively. But now all the other languages are better suited for your ERP system development. Thus, it’s better if you don’t use PHP.
The list of ERP technologies for creating attractive interfaces is here. Let us take a look:
If your backend uses Java or C# then AngularJS is your best choice. It will help you create a responsive web app that works smoothly across various browsers etc.
The framework is great if programmers want to boost the development process. With Angular, it is easy to access information whenever users have a query.
React is another great front-end technology that is great for ERP development due to its extensive capabilities. It is easy to use as the codes made for websites are reusable for mobile apps too. React is great for both website and mobile app development, thus reducing the cost.
For developing a user interface, the most popular framework is Vue.JS. With this, you can create a single page app similar to their desktop versions in every way. It provides flexibility in writing the code, making it a great choice to implement mid-project.
The list of ERP technologies in regards to ERP databases, framework, Front and back-end services are endless. It makes choosing the right technology a bit difficult. Consider your business requirement, take into account ERP structure, server and type, the decision will be easy.