Food is Love and I don’t think anyone can compromise with the food. From your Instagram feeds to advertisements running in the streets, you can see the cult of food wherever you go.
But, looking for the right place and the vacant table to eat is annoying and time-consuming. We all have seen people waiting for the vacant table in their favourite restaurants or cafes. And literally, they wait for around 20-40 minutes to get the table in restaurants or cafes.
Today, in the mobile-driven world, we have dozens of Restaurant Table Booking mobile applications that have made our work easier and effortless. From table booking to find the best place to eat, we can do the number of tasks with just a couple of clicks.
Meanwhile, with the rise of technologies and increasing demand of the people, restaurant owners are moving to mobile platforms to retain old customers and get new ones. Restaurant mobile apps not only increase sales but help you manage restaurant side activities such as table reservations, offers, food menus, waiters and much more.
If you are running a restaurant without any dedicated mobile application, chances are high as you are missing out on at least a 30 to 35% increase in sales. It is said that around 60% of users use their smartphone to order food or reserve a table online.
Restaurant reservation system or table reservation through app and website has become very easy. And with technology advancement, you can provide what your customers want. And it is a golden time to enhance your reach among the customers, raise brand awareness and improve overall sales.
OpenTable and Zomato are two major players that are catering to over 25 million people per month all over the world.
If you are planning to develop a mobile app for restaurant table reservation but has no idea where to start, no worries, this guide is for you. In this article, we will discuss the most important features that a dedicated table reservation portal and app should have.
Here is the list of user panel and restaurant panel-
USER APP PANEL
- Easy Sign Up/Sign In: Users can easily sign-in by providing essential details or can also sign-in using social channels and mobile number.
- Browse Restaurant: Users can browse through the restaurants and can check the profile of restaurants.
- Predictive Search: It is the best feature that helps users search for the desired restaurant directly.
- Restaurant Page: From restaurant location to the food menu, users can get complete information about the restaurant here.
- Table Reservation: Users can check the available and reserved tables of restaurants. And they can easily book a table in the restaurant of their choice.
- Advanced Filter: Users can filter restaurants by rating & reviews, location, search by food type, prices, availability, and more.
- Review & Rating: Users can give reviews & ratings based on the quality of food and services given by the restaurant.
- Map: From here users can view the location of the restaurant and can check the distance between them.
- Membership: This feature will allow users to unlock various benefits provided by the restaurant owner.
- Offers: Using this feature, users can enjoy meals at the best prices.
- Add to favourites: Users can add the best dishes to favourites for later use, it will save a lot of time spent in searching and browsing.
- Order History: Users can check the order history that they have made previously.
- Push Notification: User will be notified upon on new offers, and table booking.
- Sign Up: Restaurant owners can register themselves easily and get on the board by providing login details.
- Update Profile: Restaurant owners can update their profile such as phone number, address, and more.
- Update Restaurant Details: Restaurant owners can update the restaurant’s detail such as a menu, visiting hours, table booking time and more.
- Table Booking Information: Restaurant owners can check the booking details of the customers such as name, members, timing, etc.
- Schedule Timing: Using this feature, restaurant owners can schedule their dining hours for both visitors or table reservations.
Note– Running a restaurant table booking app requires a simple and user-friendly User Interface. It will help you in the success of the app. Backend should be very strong that gives an amazing experience to the users.
How much does it cost to make a restaurant app?
The restaurant app development cost depends on many factors, such as features, technology and platforms (iOS and Android) you choose. The cost also depends on the physical location of the development company. Best mobile app developers from different countries have different pricing model such as-
The US-based developers: – $150 to $250 per hour
Europe Based Developers: – $100 to $150 per hour
India Based Developers: – $40 to $80 per hour
If you are planning a custom solution for web and mobile from scratch, and not tight on budget then we recommend you to choose an established and best app development company. The development company will provide you with a team of developers and professionals- Business Analyst, Project Manager, iOS and Android developers, designers, backend and quality assurance specialists. You can also hire the best mobile app developers for restaurant reservations app development.
Based on the above factors, the expected development cost may around $15,000 (for Android and iOS). Apps with basic features may cost up to $8,000 to $10,000.