A framework can affect the developer’s task in many ways. Hence, it is a very critical task to select the right framework for the development of your web application. The technology and functionality of a web application have changed dramatically! People want the servers to end to be more interactive and dynamic these days. For this purpose, the screen at the user’s end has to be more responsive and must have a better abstraction of DOM. Document Object Model or DOM is extremely error-prone and complex when it is done extensively. For this purpose developers, today use third party software or tools to reduce their efforts. These third-party tools also allow you to obtain optimum performance.
There are two major frameworks that developers get confused about, one is Angular and another one is React. Angular is a Google product whereas React was introduced a little while later by Facebook. Both are open source by the ace companies in their fields and have put a lot of efforts and functionalities. Both the frameworks are at par in terms of tools and usage, you cannot declare a clear cut winner or loser. Let’s discuss every pro and con of both the frameworks so that you can make a better choice.
Angular is a client-side web frame developed by tech giant Google in 2009. Angular is an open source software like most of the Google ventures. Because it is an open source software, the developer can mold the framework according to their preferences. Angular help in resolving issues related to a single page web development that is being viewed multiple times.
Google has a huge community that is loyal to it and supports google products to a great extent. It also supports various libraries which help to extend HTML vocabularies better. Angular has regained and its popularity after the release of its fifth version that is angular 5 in November 2017. Google is planning to update Angular 5 with better features and further improvements in version 6.
Pros of AngularJS
- It is easier for developers to customize their DOM (Document Model Object) in this framework.
- Angular libraries help in creating a strong template solution. These templates can then be used in various development programs.
- It has built-in injection subsystem dependency which helps the developer in coding faster.
- The test conducting system in AngularJS is very efficient and detailed. You have to insert mock data in the controllers and then view the result and behavior of the system. You can conduct this test for each and every unit separately and see where the improvement is needed.
- It has an amazing user interface which binds data efficiently and offers single-user routing.
- It helps you build reusable components for your programs. It gives directives and provides extensions to HTML Syntax and libraries for this purpose.
- In AngularJS you need to synchronize your data between the model view and the component view essentially.
Places where AngularJS lacks:
- Although the development and customization of document model object (DOM) are easy and user-friendly in angular. The developer might face performance related issues with DOM elements.
- A developer must know every in and out of AngularJS to use it efficiently for their ease. Its extended libraries can be a little tricky to implement.
- Integration to any third party is not very easy for the developers.
- The resources to route are quite limited in this framework.
- Due to its complex structure, debugging might be a little strenuous.
- The interactive elements and various embedding might slow down the pages.
Angular successfully grabs the attention of its loyal community with a superb user interface. Use of the directives and filters also make it flexible. The functionality of unit testing, through which you can find the exact area that is creating a problem. It allows you to insert mock data in the controller and run a particular unit for results. Its complexity is the major weakness which is drifting users towards using React.
Angular has its own fan following as it was in the market before ReactJS. It still wins React vs Angular battle due to its early entry in the market and more stable framework. Though react was winning the hearts of developers in the fight between angular 2 vs react back in 2013. But as time passed angular improved its tools and functionalities with every version. Angular 5 today is at par with the latest version of ReactJS. The experienced developers prefer Angular due to the flexibility and stability it provides.
The fundamental goal with which React was developed was to ease the development process. It wanted to achieve this goal by making it faster and more scalable. React gives you scalability to use other libraries like Redux. Only it has to depend on V while it is working with Model View Controller (MVC).
Pros of using ReactJS
- Some elements like the login button or captcha are used in every web application. It gets very irritating to write these elements again every time. React allows you to reuse code for these elements and also simplify your debugging process.
- Its architecture is completely based on components which can be imported easily into the design.
- React’s indigenous libraries give a better and efficient performance.
- You can easily get knowledge on API through its super amazing and agile user interface.
- You can update codes much faster with both front-end and server side support together.
- Developers can easily develop an isomorphic or universal web application. It also allows an interactive and dynamic server side rendering.
- You don’t need to hassle about the platform compatibility. It is easily compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Being a view oriented framework, it gives a clear and transparent view of the web application.
Cons of ReactJS
- It’s more of a library rather than a framework.
- As it is an open source software, new tools are being added every day. This makes it difficult to learn the new code every time.
- Even the architecture keeps on updating and changing.
- You would need some configurations while incorporating ReactJS into MVC.
The major advantage of ReactJS is improved SEO services. This is why people are getting attracted to use React more. Another very important feature is that you can build your own components in ReactJS. These components can be reused and incorporated into any application. It improves efficiency and effectiveness of DOM as you can develop your own DOM in ReactJS. React was introduced in 2013 when Angular 2 was in the market and react took over the battle of angular 2 vs react almost instantly. React has been gaining popularity because of its ease of use and easy support tools at both the ends. Its easy incorporation with both the platforms. It also reduces development time considerably and saves a lot of effort.
React vs Angular, which framework should you choose?
React was a straightaway winner back in 2013 when it entered the market with its revolutionary tools and support. Angular had only its second version out until then. But due to tremendous fan following of Angular, it survived the wave. It has also been beating React back with its new and improved versions. Angular has its 5th version running in the market and the company is planning to launch 6th improved version too. React is also not left behind, being an open source, new tools are being introduced every day. React also allows you to develop a dynamic isometric web application. Whereas with angular you can only work on servers end.