Food delivery service epitomizes convenience and it’s the main reason for using food ordering mobile applications. In this mobile-driven world, we are doing everything online- whether it’s online shopping, an appointment with doctors, online food ordering or flight ticket booking.
The food delivery businesses are increasing each passing day that you could have noticed during the last years. Getting food delivered right at your doorstep has been easier than ever. Thanks to the amazing mobile apps available days. However, considering that there are many food ordering applications in the market that are potentially changing the face of the food delivery industry.
UberEATS, Postmates, and GrubHub are the most popular food ordering apps that allow users to browse through the variety of cuisines and delicacies from their favorite restaurants. There is no wonder that these popular apps have become the most successful ventures today and even inspired thousands of other budding minds and famous food brands to think innovatively. Moreover, global food brands like KFC and McDonald’s, too, have collaborated with food aggregator startups like UberEats, and Zomato, even setting up separate teams to manage these platforms.
Now before we move on further, let’s discuss some jaw-dropping stats on how the on-demand food delivery app is taking the food industry by storm. According to the survey, the U.S. has the biggest market for online food delivery as 35% of the people in the United States use food delivery apps in every second day of the week to order the food of their choices.
As per the Statista:
- Revenue in the Online Food Delivery segment amounts to $94,385m in 2019.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2019-2023) of 9.3%, resulting in a market volume of $134,490m by 2023.
- The market’s largest segment is Restaurant-to-Consumer Delivery with a market volume of $58,008m in 2019.
- In global comparison, most revenue is generated in China ($39,369m in 2019).
How To Build An On-Demand Food Delivery App Like UberEats or GrubHub, Postmates?
So if you have plans to make a food delivery app like UberEats, it’s definitely the right time. By providing your customers with amazing offers and a variety of delicious foods, you can reap higher sales.
Here, we will discuss the important features that will help you to build a food delivery app like UberEats or GrubHub, Postmates.
We would recommend you to find your niche and develop a Food Delivery platform for Web and Mobile application (Both iOS and Android). Although it seems like a little bit complicated, may a key step to success.
There are four main components on which the entire operations related to food ordering and delivery work.
In the food delivery app development model, you will have to develop many panels to run the food delivery business flawlessly. In addition, food ordering mobile application on both iOS and Android will make your reach.
- Customer Application: You need to create an interactive and appealing customer application through which they can easily place their order of choice.
- Admin Panel: Admin panel is what you are managing everything related to food ordering, you need to create an Admin Panel (a Web-App) where you’ll manage and supervise all the requests.
- Restaurant Panel: Restaurant panel is also an important model that plays a key role in the food ordering business model.
- Delivery Boy Panel: Usually, a courier app is also needed, unless your idea isn’t built around another solution.
Phases of Food Ordering App Development
Android and iOS app development are dominating the digital world. And, you will find the millions of apps are running in these two prominent application stores. Before diving into the food ordering business, you in the meantime will have to do a lot of works from market research to promotions. Because a step by step process and proper planning will never stop you win the game.
- Planning & Research: Planning and research are a crucial part of any business because during this you start the necessary groundwork for what is to follow next.
- Wireframe & Prototyping: When looking for developing a new mobile app for food ordering business, you should make a proper strategy to develop an interactive mobile application. From identifying a unique app idea to its successful launching, your mobile app developer or technology partner should have vast experience in app development tools and technology to develop a winning mobile app.
- UI/UX Design: Before starting coding, the designer needs to design a visual representation of working of an app. There are various food ordering applications in the market, featuring the same design and functionality. A unique design and easy-to-use functionality can create the look and feel of your app.
- App Development: Developing an app is very easy with simple logic. But in food ordering application development, developers that you hire must be very sharp by logic and should have the ability to make logic. Fundamentally, the entire functionality of an app depends on the strong and unique code.
- Testing: Here is not complete work done, it is very important to test an application before making it live or public. Testing of application is the most important phase of an app development process. Your testing team needs to cover all the necessary facets. Moreover, the application should go through various testing methods, including usability, compatibility, security, interface checks, stress, and performance.
- App Launching: Once the application successfully went through all testing standards, it’s time to make it public and deploy it in the application store. Moreover, both Apple and Google carry different policies. Thus, you can launch your food ordering application on Google Play Store for free, while you have to charge $99 for Apple’s AppStore. Also, for Android application, it takes around three hours to get approval from Google to make the app live. On the other hand, it will take 3-4 days to become iOS app live on the App Store.
- Promotion: Promotion is necessary before you launch your beta product and from the very start of the initial phase. Engage your potential customers via emails, social media, etc.
Features That You Can Add In Your Food Ordering Application
An app similar to UberEATS, GrubHub, or Postmates should have a set of comprehensive features to come into the competition.
- Social Media Login
- Nearby Restaurants
- Restaurant Provide
- Restaurant Menu
- Follow Friends
- Search Restaurant or Dish By Name
- Rating & Reviews
- Push Notifications
- Order Tracking
- Favorite Orders
- In-app Payments
- Coupon Code
- Order History
- Manage Orders
- Real-time Tracking
- In-app Notifications
- Availability Settings
- Real-time Requests
- Order History
- Payment History
- Delivery Information
- Help & Support
- Backup & Restore Database
- Location Management
- Message Customers / Restaurants
- Advertising Management
- Content Management
- Category Management
- Change Password
- Manage, Add, Edit & Delete
- Email Alerts to Registered Users
- Manage a Restaurant Menu
- Manage Opening Days & Timings
- Customer Order Status
- Manage Delivery Areas
- Manage Special Offers
- Message Customers
- Multiple Payment Gateways
- Multiple Language Support
- Coupon Code Generation
- Social Media Engagement
- Social Networking Connectivity
- Auto Sort Emails For Newsletters
Cost of Food Delivery App Development
Another question that is a matter of consideration for every startup- “How much does it cost to develop an app similar to UberEATS, GrubHub, or Postmates?” The cost of making a food delivery app may vary depending on several aspects. And, it also depends on the Mobile App Development Company, we recommend you to choose a prominent company that has vast experience in mobile app development. Or, you can also Hire Mobile App Developer that will fit your time and budget.
The estimated cost of developing on-demand food ordering app, including all panels and advanced features, is around $30,000.