The transportation and logistics business requires a 24 hours monitoring service that tracks all your shipments. From warehouse management to post-delivery, it needs to track everything. But who is going to do that? It is not humanly possible, and that is why a transport and logistics app development is a must for this industry.
A mobile app for the logistics industry will help you keep track of every shipment with ease. So, if you are toying with the idea of a mobile app for your business, here you will find everything you need for it. In this blog, we will learn about the benefits of having a mobile app for your business. Also, we will look into the features and cost involved in developing a successful app.
Transportation and Logistics Industry Market Statistics
The above graphs indicate the market for logistics- warehouse management to vehicle tracking and so on. Instead of using different apps for them, we can use one app- logistics apps that will take care of everything. It will require the best features for performing these huge tasks.
Benefits of having a transport and logistics app
Here are some of the benefits:
1. Process Sophistication
A transportation and Logistics business deals with companies who require them to pick and deliver the goods. The whole process needs to be smooth otherwise customers will suffer. A mobile app will ensure that all operations like delivery etc. are on time.
2. It has made warehouse management easy
A mobile app is beneficial most for warehouse managers. With a mobile application, they can minimize inaccuracies and errors due to manual work.
3. Post-delivery confirmation
With the help of on-demand logistics delivery apps, the owners easily get confirmation about the delivery of their goods. The app requires scanning the products and some details for confirming delivery of a product.
4. It ensures efficient services at a low cost
With the app, you get real-time data about products and their volume, delivery and so on. It also organizes the manpower as everyone has a specific job and you can monitor them using the app. So, it ensures that the business works efficiently in a cost-effective way.
Other benefits include: Accurate decision making, tracking goods and cargo and so on.
Different Mobile App Solutions in Logistics & Transportation Industry
Here are types of mobile app you can develop for your logistic business:
Fleet Management Apps: It monitors and records data pertaining to your fleet and vehicle.
Logistics On-demand Apps: It will help you deliver the goods/products as and when the user requires them.
Warehouse solutions Apps: Warehouse apps stores all the data regarding warehouse- products volume and so on easily. Using this you can easily access any information accurately.
Tracking apps: It will help you determine fleet and driver locations
Features of an On-demand logistic mobile app
• Registration: The user will have to register either using email or social media credentials.
• Vehicles Selection: Here the user can select vehicles according to their needs and desire.
• Alerts and Notification: Alerts regarding deliveries, tracking and so on.
• Bookings: As per their requirement, users can schedule booking and manage them too. You can schedule a booking for a later date and time too.
• Billing and payments: Here the users can monitor all the invoices of their booking and deliveries. Using that they can easily pay the amount online using various in-built payment methods.
• The rating system: A must-have feature of a good transport app is the rating system. Here you can rate the drivers according to their behavior, punctuality and so on. It helps the company to keep track of the performance of their manpower.
• Track shipments: The user can track and monitor the shipments of their goods. They can see the current path in real-time time and raise query if they have any.
• Estimate fare charges: The estimate fare charges based on route and distance and so on is shown prior to the booking.
• Quote: The user can ask from the service provider for a quote according to deals or services they offer. It helps them know about the cost and time involved which ease the decision about choosing the said service.
• Register: Here the driver registers using their email or social media accounts.
• Request: This section manages all requests that the drivers get for shipping a product. It helps to keep a track of pending and completed requests.
• Shipper details: Shipper data like name, address, contact information, destination location, and invoice and so on are stored here.
• Freight Details: Here the driver charts the details like distance covered, fuel charges, toll charges, goods weights that he is transferring.
• Navigation: GPS helps the driver pick the fastest and safest route for delivering the shipment. It is in real-time, and users and admin can also monitor them.
• Approving the bills: The driver stores the bills related to everything for a particular journey here. The admin panel then analyzes it before they pay the dues.
• Payments: Here the driver charts the payment done by the users.
The features of the admin panel of an on-demand logistics app are:
• Login: The admin will have to log-in using their personal email and password. They can also create an entirely new account to manage the system. They can sign up using social media.
• Dashboard: All the information related to the business like pending requests, no of users etc. are here.
• Monitoring the driver: Here you can manage the drivers and their bookings.
• Management of trucks, shippers, and tariffs: Details about trucks, vehicles, shipment orders and so on are stored and manage here.
• Billing and invoice: Here the admin analyzes the bills and invoices submitted by drivers and users.
• Push Notification: Helps provide update and alerts about the shipment, delivery route and request to users (customer and driver).
Some advanced features to include in your logistics apps are:
• Trip log reports: Here the admin records details about the trip. It includes starting and ending time, distance covered and so on.
• Management of fuel and vehicle consumption: Here the admin stores and manages details about fuel consumption by all running vehicle. Also, here they keep a track on vehicle management- whether they require servicing or pollution check or not.
• In-App Chat: Communication between all parties involved is crucial. Thus, using various methods like SMS, emails are crucial. Also, having an in-app chatbot will help users communicate with admin and driver easy.
• Multilingual support: To make your business scalable, make sure that the app is multilingual. It will help you to properly coordinate with the driver of different regions.
• GPS: With GPS, you can determine the routes taken. It will help you understand the minute details about the driver’s journey and calculate the time and cost.
• Driver Safety: Here you can monitor the driver to ensure their safety. It tracks their behavior like phone using, hand-brakes, speed and so on. After that, it generates a scorecard that helps user select drivers and also ensures their safety.
• Multiple Payment Gateway Integration: Mobile apps for Logistics companies must have multiple payment methods. Having transparent and reliable payment gateways like PayPal or Braintree will help your app succeed. Furthermore, the app must integrate different currencies for payment.
• Cloud Storage: A transportation and logistics business requires huge data. To store all that data you need cloud storage. Also, it will help you access data about users and drivers from anywhere and anytime. The same is true for them. Including cloud operation feature will increase the cost of your transportation and logistics app development. But the revenue generation will also increase.
Technology Stack for a mobile app for the logistics industry
To develop a Logistics app that fulfills the supply chain demands, you need the right technology. To thrive in the competition, make sure you use the latest technologies. Here are the right platforms for various features for your transport and logistics app development:
• Push Notifications – Twilio
• SMS and Phone Verification -Nexmo
• Payments –PayPal, Braintree or any top gateway of your region.
• Database – MongoDB, Hbase, and Mail Chimp Integration
• Cloud Environment –Google and Azure
For a quality app, you will need a whole team. The main team players are:
Project Manager- A manager should have knowledge about the mobile app and logistics industry. He/she must be capable of managing the team and coming up with solutions.
Developers- Developers are the real brain behind your app. For your logistic app, you will require both iOS and Android developers. They must have knowledge about the latest technology and tools.
Designers- The designer will make your app look good and also easy to navigate. A good designer can only develop a UX/UI that will last forever.
Testers- They test the app to make sure it matches the standards and are error free. They run various test to determine the same.
What Is The Cost Of Transport And Logistics App Development?
|The cost of developing an on-demand logistic app depends on the hours spent on it. The price of the app depending on hours in various regions is:
• Europe or U.S.A– $200 to $550 per hour.
• Eastern Europe -$200 to $500 per hour.
• India– $20-$25 per hour.
The price of developing a mobile app for the transportation and logistics business in India is pretty low. It amounts to $10,000-$30,000 for a single platform.
A logistic app will help you run your transportation and logistics business smoothly. It will connect you to more customers and will, in turn, generate more revenue. So, don’t wait long, contact the best app development company and start work on your app now.