On-demand mobile apps or on-demand services are making our lives easier. In an ever-changing on-demand economy, from food ordering to home-services to the retail industry, everything you can get at your doorstep. These kinds of on-demand services are replacing traditional business models by serving people with what they want and where they want.
Let’s look at what statics say about On-demand services-
The on-demand economy is growing at a rapid pace. Since 2015, it was growing at a CAGR of 18.5%. Thus, it was $57.5 billion in 2015 and it is expected to grow $335 billion in 2025. This figure is quite enough to amaze you as an entrepreneur.
On-demand services are trending not only among users but also among mobile app developers as many startups and companies all over the world are leveraging technologies to make their position in the fast-growing on-demand domain.
Reports from Burson-Marsteller’s over demand economy (USA) stats that-
- 86.5 Million users from America (42% of the adult population) use an on-demand service.
- 45 Million users from America (22% of the adult population) provide on-demand service.
- 51% of those who are providing on-demand based services have admitted that their financial situation has improved in the past year.
- Whereas, 64% of those who are offering on-demand services hope that their financial situation will improve in the coming year.
- 51% of people under 35 years of age offering services for startups.
- 41% of people who have used or provided an on-demand service live in urban areas.
Top Leaders In The On-Demand App Market
There many on-demand apps available in the market that are dominating the on-demand industry. UberEats, Zomato, Lyft, DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, Airbnb, UrbanClap, Sprig, TaskRabbit, etc., are the most popular on-demand apps that the users use in their everyday routine.
Types of On-demand Service Apps
Food Delivery Apps
In today’s time, every other person uses food delivery apps to order food online of their choice. And apparently, it has become the most popular category among the on-demand services.
Here are some statics that is showing the popularity of the food delivery domain-
- Revenue in the Online Food Delivery segment is US$122,739m in 2020 and it is expected to grow by 7.5% in the coming years as it projected to have $164,002 million by 2024.
- This Platform-to-Consumer Delivery is the key player of the on-demand economy with a market volume of US$62,798m in 2020.
- In global comparison, most revenue is generated in China (US$45,909m in 2020).
Taxi booking is the second largest domain that is gaining huge popularity among the users. Uber and Lyft are the most popular on-demand apps which provide an easy way for the users to connect with the drivers. The success of these has increased the demand for On-Demand transportation services such as car-pooling apps, bike rent apps, bus booking, and many others.
On-demand home service is claimed to be one of the largest on-demand domains which are growing rapidly each passing day. The integration of technology has made the way easier to get everything at the doorstep. TaskRabbit is a leading home services app that enables users to leverage any service the same day including cleaning, moving, delivery and handyman work.
Read Also: On-Demand App Like-UrbanClap
Healthcare Apps & Fitness Apps
Technology and ground-breaking innovations are disrupting almost every industry; healthcare & fitness is one of them which is taking the benefits of technology. Users who are not able to visit hospital or doctor’s clinic can easily take an appointment and consult with the doctor online using mobile apps like Doctor on Demand, Healthtap, and Pillpack. Various startups are now making their way by introducing on-demand healthcare & fitness apps to the users for health and fitness checkup.
Transportation is the most popular category in the on-demand economy, which has made a huge contribution among the on-demand services. Customers use transportation apps like Uber, EasyWay, lyft, Airbnb, etc., to fulfil their daily needs. Apart from that, customers also using transportation apps to get delivered critical items like documents, medicines, etc., at their doorstep the same day.
Apparently, more than 75% of the funding has announced to just 5 “on-demand” startups and four out of these are Travel and Transportation.
Top Features of On-demand Apps-
- Personal Account: A user can manage their personal account on the application like their profile they can edit their personal information on the account settings whenever they want.
- Service Details: A user can view the service details in the application that what kind of service the application is providing. The on-demand application includes many user-based services which a user may be interested in.
- Ratings & Reviews: A user can give ratings and reviews also they can check the ratings for a particular service they are interested in.
- Notifications: The on Demand application provides you with a real-time notification as something new arrives on the application.
- Booking and Task Scheduling: The new era On-Demand Apps also provides this feature where a user can pre-book or schedule their tasks for the day.
- Easy Payment: The payment method in the On-Demand application is very flexible as there are many payment gateways integrated into the application for the user to pay flexibly.
- Navigation and Tracking: A user can easily navigate and track their order or any booking they had done on the application through the real-time notifications provided by the application.
- In-app Chat: There is this In-App Chat feature in the application through which the user can directly get in touch with the customer service executive for any help or any query related to the services in the application.
- Customer Support: The customer support in these applications is 24/7 and the user can get in touch with the customer support in the application itself and can ask for any query or help.
How Does On-Demand App Work?
Mobile app development company or new startup providing on-demand services to the users through their apps available on play store and app store. The users can download the app for free and sign-up & login themselves to get the services they want. The service provider collects these orders and processes them to fulfil the demand of the customer. On-demand apps also feature various payment modes that the users can choose while placing the order for the products and services.
On-demand services have become the mainstream and we all are using them to get things done in no time. If you are a business owner and want to make your own on-demand app then it is the right time to get started. You can hire mobile app developer India or mobile app development company India who are providing on-demand app development services at pocket-friendly prices. However, the app development cost depends on the requirements and technologies that you are using in-app.