Traveling for an unknown place and staying at paying guest is really an awesome experienced in itself. We always look for an excuse from our daily busy lives, whether we are working in an office or sitting in the house, we once in a day think about to roam somewhere and spend huge time on a smartphone in searching for destinations, hotels and more.
Have you ever experienced it? Travel, it’s one of the best things you should experience it once in your life. And, it’s now easy or can be done through mobile apps like Airbnb. In the era of growing technology, everyone is dreaming or making their plans about the travel adventure but at the most economical rates. In recent time, you can search for dozens of travel, homestay, property rental or hotel booking applications over the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. Airbnb, HomeAway, FlipKey, and Roomorama are the most popular apps and in great demand worldwide. With these apps, there’s no shortage of available resources when you need to book a cheap homestay.
But, how to build an app like Airbnb? It’s the most frequently asked questions which it comes develop Airbnb app clone. Apps similar to Airbnb are easy to design and develop with simple steps. Airbnb mobile app is featured with impressive User Interface and functionality.
What is Airbnb
It’s a fast growing and billion-dollar valuations property rental booking app that provides a tempting marketplace for people seeking non-expensive apartment or house on rent for a short time period and owners of the property. This extremely popular digital platform provides a different experience than the traditional way of booking hotels as it lets you rent a room in someone else’s house. The property owners can even list their house or apartment over here using their smartphones. That’s why it is appreciated by millions of users worldwide. Here are some noteworthy stats that the company now has:
- 100 million users
- 640,000 hosts
- 2,3 million listings
- 500,000 guests stay per night via Airbnb
- 10 billion miles of travel to Airbnb destinations
- 191 countries and 65,000 cities actively involved in Airbnb
- Estimated revenue is around $900 million
So, If you are planning or want to earn in million or make your own profit through a mobile application like Airbnb, but don’t know how or where to start, look no further, here we will help you to make a similar platform for an ideal service. Here in this article, we will discuss the important features and business model of Airbnb.
Airbnb is already a multi-billion dollar company, standing with revenue of $900 million. The company is eyeing the future market and increasing the daily transactions on its platform. As per the increasing demand, it’s expected that the revenue will be double in the upcoming years.
How Does Airbnb Make Money And Work
Airbnb Business Model Canvas
The complete architecture of Airbnb is based on travelers and property owners. It’s designed to provide a way to list or browse non-expensive properties. This digital platform is providing services in more than 190 countries.
- Property owners: By providing their information to sign up into the app, the property owner list out their property on Airbnb with essential details like pricing, amenities provided, conditions, etc. The listing of the property is free.
- Travelers: Travelers browse property in that location that best suits their needs and check available options according to amenities, price, review and more.
- Traveler book a property for the day, night or number of days using Airbnb and pays the mentioned amount for the property.
- The owner of the property accepts the traveler’s booking.
- Airbnb deducts their commission, which is around 10% and pays the remaining amount to the host.
- Airbnb receives 3% of transaction charge from guests upon every confirmed booking.
Channels of Distribution
- Mobile App (iOS and Android)
- Digital Marketing
- Social media
- Video Ads
Who Are In The Ring With Airbnb?
The market for hospitality is full of competitors. Since Airbnb’s concept has come into the market, many other businesses have introduced their own apps. And, everyone in the ring is trying to defeat their opponent even if it becomes very difficult. Some of the competitors of Airbnb are:
HomeAway, standing high with over 1 million global listings, has set their feet in the fast-growing market. It’s serving 190 countries and providing all the services that Airbnb offers. It also has its own insurance program.
FlipKey, a sister company of TripAdvisor, is serving around 160 countries. It has many users and highest quality rates as the company perform a manual verification program by the website’s employees.
It’s not much popular as Airbnb and FlipKey, but it has a global fan base. It offers around 300,000 properties across 3000 destinations worldwide. Roomorama offers mid-range to high-end properties, most of which managed by professional.
How To Create An App Like – Airbnb?
Panels, features, technology, and cost of Airbnb Like App Development that you need to focus on. There are various things like advanced technology, panels and advanced features that you need to consider in building an app like Airbnb.
- User Profile
- Booking History
- Home Listing
- Home/Hotel Search by Location
- Explore Hotels
- Add to Favorite
- Hotel Rating & Reviews
- Hotel/Room Booking
- View Amenities
- Social Sharing
- Refer & Earn
- Cancel Booking
- Sign in
- Manage Profile And Profile Information
- Manage Home Listing
- Booking Listing
- Manage Room Services
- Rate and Review Guests
- Account Details
- Booking History
- Manage Users
- Manage Hosts
- Manage New Listing
- Manage Booking
- Booking History
- Manage Host’s Commission
- Feedback and complaints
- Push Notifications
- Sales Insights
In addition, you can also provide the following services to stand out.
Free Cancelation: None of these applications provide this facility. Your customer can cancel the booking and get their full refund back.
Payment During Checkout: This feature will surely give a unique experience to your customers. As, book room/hotel using the app, stay in the room/hotel and pay after the checkout.
- CRM Integration: It’s the best feature that you can implement in your travel application. This feature provides the best way of managing relationships and interactions with customers.
- Cloud Environment: Cloud solution in mobile application will make you able to handle/access a large amount of customers’ data anywhere and anytime.
- Google Map: It simplifies the booking process. You should implement this feature in your application to help the customer locate hotel/room that the user wishes to book.
- Social Media API: Now, social media API is being used in mobile applications and it becomes more popular among on-demand mobile applications like- food ordering app, taxi booking app and more. Thus, you should implement this feature to allow your customers to share room/hotel with friends. They can also invite friends and family through social links.
- Live Chat: To enhance customer satisfaction, you can go with Live chat feature. Using this, your customer can chat with customer service executives to get instant support.
- Wishlist: Rooms that you wish to access in access can be added in the saved item feature.
- Various Payment Options: Now it’s very easy to make payment without any hassle with a number of payment modes. The customers can view transaction history.
- Multilingual: Multilingual feature allows your customers to access the application in the desired language.
- Multi-currency Support: Multi-currency features help your customers in choosing the currency during the payment.
- Notification: With this feature, you can send notifications to the users so that they can receive messages about their booking and also promotional offers.
- Travel Guide: For a better touring experience you can provide this feature so that your customers can contact travel guide regarding sightseeing & other must-visit spots.
Technologies (Language & Framework)
To build an application like Airbnb, you should highly focus on the following aspects.
Android Development: Android Studio
IOS Development: Swift
Hosting: Amazon Cloud
Team Require To Build App Like Airbnb
3rd Party APIs Integration
Twilio, Sinch or similar- for text messaging.
MapKit- for easy maps integration.
CoreLocation– This is used to provide real-time tracking of the user’s geolocation.
Facebook SDK and Google Sign In– For a fast, and easy sign in via social channels.
PayPal Payments Pro/Stripe Payments Tool And Mail Chimp- for online payments.
Real-time Analytics- Google Analytics, Flurry, etc.
Cloud Technology- Amazon Data Servers, Google Cloud Server.
MongoDB, Postgress or similar– For database.
How Much Does It Cost To Create An Airbnb Like App
How to build an Airbnb application? After the deep analysis, and discussion of all features, we have come to the final conclusion i.e. the overall cost of application. How much does it cost to build an app like Airbnb?
App-like Airbnb will take around 130 days (1040 hours) to get built, and the development cost would be around $20,000 to $35,000 in India.
The average cost of developers in India is $25/hour and the app development team will take around 1040 hours to build the app.
App development cost = Development time * Hourly Rate in dollars
App development cost = 1040 * 25
App development cost= $ 26000
However, the cost can vary depending on the mobile app development company or mobile app developers and the technology they use. Moreover, the hourly rates differ from country to country.