Want to build your own website for some specific purpose? Don’t worry here are various website builder tools available today which ease the process of website development. Individuals can easily build a custom website without any technical knowledge. Gator by HostGator, BigCommerce, Shopify, Weebly, Squarespace, etc., are the widely used web development platforms. However, finding the best website builder among them can be tricky for beginners.
The website builder industry has grown a lot in the last 10 years as various technologies and web development platforms have been introduced during that time. But it can be overwhelming for the first-timers. With this, now the consumers or web developers have more choices than ever and can find a builder tailored to their needs.
In this article, we will discuss the various web development platforms and also discuss the pros and cons so that you can make a good decision and get to the fun of designing your website.
Remember that before you start choosing the best website builder tool for your website development we recommend that you write down all your business needs, what features do you want to implement, the purpose of your business, and website development cost.
Let’s have a look at the top website builder platforms to make your website development process easy and enjoyable.
Whenever you start searching for the best website development tools then you will get WIX on the top position in the list. It is the biggest players in the ring which has become more popular with an incredible 110 million users.
- An affordable option for those who want to build an online store (plans starting $20/month). This includes everything from easy registration to simple products ordering to hassle-free payments.
- It provides hundreds of templates that you can choose for website development. Each template is fully editable with drag and drop facility.
- It also provides a number of applications to enhance the functionality of the website. Some of them are free, while for others you have to pay small amounts.
- Data limitations for each of its plan, so if you want to upload endless photos and videos, or expect more than 5,000 visitors a month to your site then you have to pay extra amount for that.
- No live chat, but 24/7 phone support and via tickets.
It is available for free that will show Wix branded ads on your website. To remove ads, you can go with its paid plans. It has two plans- WIX COMBO and WIX BUSINESS VIP. In this, Combo plan costs you $13/month that covers most needs for a personal website. For Business VIP Plan, the cost is up to $49/month.
WordPress.org also known as self-hosted WordPress is the world’s most popular and cheapest website building platform which is used by millions of users around the world. Over 34% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress.
It is available in two versions- WordPress.org and WordPress.com that you choose according to your needs. It has become popular among the business owners and developers due to its powerful features, scalability, and usability.
- Using WordPress, you can have full control over your website.
- It has thousands of WordPress themes that you can use according to your website needs.
- The drag and drop feature of its will let you build your own page layouts.
- You can also access more than 50,000 free WordPress plugins.
- WordPress is multilingual as you can add dozens of languages in your website.
- To build a website in WordPress, individuals require good technical skills to implement various features in it. As it is not the best option for beginners.
- There are limited features in cheaper plans. For advanced features, you need to buy the top plan of WordPress.
- Not all themes support the drag and drop feature.
Free – $25/Month
Weebly is one of the best website building tools which offers a large set of options to build an interactive website. If you want to develop a website which features more than 30 pages then Weebly is the best option for you. It also provides unlimited storages, whereas online store capability makes it best simple and easy-to-use editor.
- Weebly is a fully hosted platform as there is no need to install and manage any software.
- You can build a small scale website without paying anything.
- Weebly offers hundreds of ready-to-use responsive templates with the drag-and-drop feature as you can customize it according to your needs.
- Prices of Weebly are very similar to its competitors like Wix or Squarespace.
- Weebly also has app center where you can get an app-like feel to your website.
- Built-in support that helps you build a website and sell product quickly.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage at a cheap cost.
- Multilingual Websites
- Limited Design Flexibility
- No backup of blog posts and store pages
Free to $38/month
Shopify specially designed for eCommerce website development. It is the most popular eCommerce website building tool which stands parallel to BigCommerce and Magento. Powerful yet secure, it powers more than millions of businesses. Around 40 billion worth of products have been sold on this platform.
- It provides complete hosting means you no need to install and manage software.
- You can choose between one hundred free and premium themes.
- It is easy to use with drag and drop option and provide several integrations to make the online store look better.
- It also provides third payment integration.
- Excellent inventory management.
- Customize theme using – Liquid
- For some advanced features, you need to pay higher prices
- It also provides an app that comes with pricing.
- It does not provide email hosting.
Shopify Lite – $9/month, Basic Shopify – $29/month, Shopify – $79/month, Advanced Shopify- $299/month, Shopify Plus – $2000/month.
BigCommerce is the biggest name in the eCommerce domain. If you are well-familiar with the term of eCommerce, you’ve likely heard a lot about them. If you’re looking to create an online store, then BigCommerce is the best option at a lower cost for you. This platform comes loaded with all the essential features, that you need to build a high-performance website.
- Another important feature of BigCommerce is that it integrates with all popular payment gateways including PayPal, Apple Pay, Stripe, Square, Amazon Pay, and more.
- You can easily handle more traffic to your website with product syndication as it provides dedicated server which increases the page load speed and helps you drive website with massive traffic in real-time.
- BigCommerce has the potential of bringing more traffic to your website with product syndication and shopping feeds.
- eCommerce website built using BigCommerce is fully responsive and compatible with all devices that give your website an app-like feel on the mobile browser.
- Expensive BigCommerce themes
- Theme editor could use improvements
Bigcommerce Standard $29.95/month, Bigcommerce Plus $79.95/month, Bigcommerce Pro $250/month, Bigcommerce Enterprise pricing varies, depending on your business requirements.
The above all platforms are best to build a website with a lot of features. We recommend you check all the additional cost. You can also hire experienced web developers or website development company for your web development needs.