E-commerce websites are taking over the world! According to a survey of more than 50% of the population likes to buy things from online sites, this is probably the reason e-commerce website development is a booming industry. From clothes to electronics to even the grocery, we can order anything through such sites. Big basket, Amazon, Flipkart, Nykaa and many more are some of the examples.
If you want the website to work, you need to hire a company that provides all e-commerce development solutions like attractive designs, functionality, affordable to make, interactive for the user, and easy to use etc.
For this, e-commerce Development Company uses CMS platforms because they are easy to work with and give the best result quickly. Finding the right CMS platform with the correct features can be a tough task. Read below to see the various CMS platforms with their features that will help you find the right one for your e-commerce website development.
Best CMS platforms for ecommerce web development
While choosing a CMS platform for e-commerce development you have two options:
Hosted e-commerce platform– They are website based on SaaS, where you sign up and start designing. You can’t modify the software or do coding.
Self-hosted e-commerce platform– This is open source software that you can run and edit as per needs.
Continue to read the best hosted CMS platforms:
- It is the best CMS e-commerce website development platform for small and medium businesses. It is also the perfect choice for you if you are just starting your online store.
- It provides templates that you can use, but according to the online site requirement, you can customize it.
- You can sell physical or digital goods using Shopify
- It is flexible, easy to work with and third-party or add-ons use is allowed to.
- It is free for 14 days, and after that payable, that has different plans.
- If you want a responsive site, but have no knowledge about designing one then, BigCommerce is the CMS platform you should use.
- This e-commerce web development platform is user-friendly and is on the cloud so it is easy to access from anywhere.
- Its features include- payment, shipping, products display, coupons, integration and much more.
- It provides the developer with 320 add-ons, some of them are even free.
- Use this for free for 15 days, and then pay for different version as per your requirements.
- This CMS provides complete e-commerce web development solutions.
- It has direct to the dashboard features thus; there is no need for any other add-ons.
- It has a ‘Deal of my day feature’ that lets it integrates the site with Amazon and others.
- Free for 14 days and paid after that at different affordable prices for various plans.
- It aids in a functional e-commerce website development for small businesses, who want to sell their products online and want a simple site.
- This CMS platform lets the user use other advanced tools like social buttons, marketing, third-party apps and so on.
- It makes a professional site with templates and drag-and-drop editor.
- You can have a free trial and then paid.
- It lets the ecommerce developer sell physical and digital goods and is free for 14 days, after that you can choose from the various paid plans.
- It has the best API for integration and lets you sell on social and media selling.
Self- hosted CMS platform
- If you are a professional web developer, Magento is the best CMS platform you.
- It is flexible, scalable and provides you with add-ons and extensions.
- Its community version is free which enough for small and medium businesses is.
- If you have little web designing knowledge, go for this lightweight CMS platform.
- It is free and even the updates are free.
- Features include unlimited categories, products and manufactures, 20 payment getaways, PCI compliant and multilingual.
- In the open source category, this is the most trusted CMS platform.
- It has a huge network and above 700 add-ons for the ecommerce web development.
- Easy to use with options for customization, and is free too.
- It lets you manage your site in real-time, and is free, open source and easy to download.
- It has 275 features like SEO, Marketing, Shipping and many more.
- It’s easy to install and can be customized too.
These were some of the best CMS platforms for e-commerce web development. Choose the platform that provides all the e-commerce web development services that you need and fits the nature of your business.