To build a mobile app that provides the best service to its user takes up a lot of hard work and time. But in this competitive world, you can’t just spend too much time on one app. You need methods and mobile app development tools that can create apps quickly.
And thanks to technological advancement we have such tools. There are many best mobile app development platforms that will help you create tons of apps without investing much time.
In this blog, we will familiarize ourselves with 20 such apps.
- It is a web-based builder and hosting service for hybrid IOS and Android apps. AppGyver composer 2 is used for multipage apps.
- It uses the supersonic UI framework and offers UI elements specific to the platform. Such elements help the hybrid app look and feel native to their platform. The UI features provided includes- page transition, models, navigation bars and so on.
- It has dozens of templates for creating the app. It also allows you to use modules and components for making it from scratch.
- It allows the developer to write code in custom modules to build a mobile app.
- It has its own cloud services which let you deploy and publishes the app.
- For testing the app on Android and IOS platform, you can use a companion app.
- When the app is ready, it lets you submit it to play store or app store or even to a private channel for internal distribution in a firm.
2. Microsoft PowerApps
- It is an easy tool that you can use to build a mobile app on top of share point online or dynamics 365 data. Apps build on this platform can be published on the web, IOS, Android or Windows 10.
- Microsoft PowerApps mobile app development tool has two approaches for creating an app. First, it uses the common data service for apps to analyze the data. After that, it automatically generates a model-driven app. Also, you have the option for customization and publishing it.
- Second, for complex and time-consuming Canva apps, it lets you drag and drop controls on the screen. This allows you to design the control as per your wishes and needs.
- This tool is included with office 365 and dynamic 365 plans. If you want more features go for the paid version which is $7 per user/month.
3. OutSystem 10
- This mobile app development tool can be used for delivering responsive web apps. Also, the application development process is quick and low cost.
- The OutSystem development environment runs on Windows, IIS, Linux and a Java application server. It also integrates with SOAP web services, major databases and cloud services DropBox, Google Drive and so on.
- It provides classroom training, webinars, and courses and guides the developers so that it becomes easy for them to learn a new platform.
- OutSystem Forge is a library of reusable codes, modules, connectors and components provided by this tool. This helps speed up the development process.
- Price: $5400 for three environments per month.
4. Alpha Anywhere
- Alpha Anywhere is a database-oriented tool that aids in quick app development. Using this, you can build hybrid mobile apps or web apps that work offline too.
- It works offline as the developers have the freedom to create client and backend elements simultaneously.
- It has its own database, but you can use drives from Microsoft SQL server, Access, Excel, MySQL and so on.
- It supports offline operation in html5 mobile apps by simplifying the development of data conflict resolution logic.
- Price: $995 for dev-only environment and $4,995 per year for basic self-hosted system.
5. Kony AppPlatform
- It offers an IDE Kony Visualizer that allows the developer to create web, a native and hybrid app in the same IDE.
- This IDE lets the user drag reusable components from their own library or from Kony’s marketplace. Also, designs can be imported from Photoshop.
- Kony Fabric is used for backend services and provides sync services, orchestration and access to identity.
- It also simplifies the service reuse across applications using micro services models.
- Price: free edition that is good for one app and 100 users and enterprise one that is good for 250 users for $25oo.
- It has a visual editor that lets the developers combine jQuery mobile, Iconic, AngularJS, Bootstrap and HTML5 components to create apps.
- It builds hybrid apps for IOS and Android based on Apache Cordova and web apps that are extremely responsive.
- It is a web-based IDE that supports integrated backend services like push notification, registration, and management with support for social identities from Facebook and so on.
- It offers a cloud-based builder service for submission of apps directly to Playstore or Appstore.
- Appery.jo also updates the app without going through the store is automatic updates are enabled on the device.
- It can test the native app or see their demonstration without installing.
- Price: $ 60 for 1 developer and 3 apps and $135 for 7 developers and six apps.
7. Cotham Technologies
- It is a cloud-based mobile app development platform. Cotham Technologies offers visual design tools for wire-designs and drag and drop app designs.
- Its FloFrame service can create native apps for firms like field services, sales, logistics, and maintenance.
- It uses the REST APIs for integration with cloud-based services like DropBox and others.
- Price: depends on the application.
- Appian users can create apps for IOS, Android and Web. The process modeler, mobile and user experience development and cloud deployment of this platform ease the development process.
- The features provided are- layered security with SAML authentication, event monitoring, task management, business data records, collaboration, and reports.
- Price: $90 and $180 for single and multi-users.
- Appian is useful if you –
- Have large numbers of developers, users, and designers.
- Want to build web and mobile apps using the same platform
- If you want to access the firm’s record system like SAP and SalesForce.
9. Zoho Creator
- It is built on Zoho’s CRM and custom-web-app platform. It is a great tool if you want to automate workflow on smartphone devices.
- It has 50 templates for app creation which can be customized. It even allows you to create the design yourself through its drag and drop interface and scripting language Deluge.
- It integrates with other apps like PayPal, Google’s Z-suits and Zoho’s own apps such as CRM, bookkeeping, and helpdesk.
- With EachScape, you can create native IOS, Android and HTML5 web apps. This is done through using its cloud-based drag and drop editor.
- It also provides backend service, web preview, and online build services for all mobile apps built within this platform.
- It lets you develop apps for various platforms because of its block, modules, layouts, and actions.
- These classes correspond to ads, buttons, containers, data and so on.
- For advanced developers, this mobile app development tool has an SDK for creating their own modules and blocks.
- Price: free initially, but costs with usage and publication of the app.
- Appcelerator is an enterprise level mobile app development tool. It uses a combination of IDE, SDK, multiple frameworks and back-end cloud services.
- Its Titanium SDK allows the developers to create native, hybrid and mobile web apps using a single database. Reusing the code up to 60-90% is also allowed.
- It has two complementary tools:-
- AppDesigner that enables drag-and-drop design and development of various apps.
- It also has ready-made backend services for geolocation, photo storage and many more.
- Price: different price for different enterprise packages.
- If you have a spreadsheet-based app that you want your customer and employees to have, then this is the tool to use.
- AppSheet claims to create an app within minutes by using data stored in Google sheet, forms, excel in office 365, DropBox and so on.
- Features provided by this mobile app development tool are- GPS and Map integration, image, signature, barcode capture, offline access and email signatures.
- Swiftic is an online design tool that is best suited for small businesses. It aids in building apps that needs e-Commerce stores, form submission, social media integration and so on.
- It creates app for IOS, Android, mobile and web app and also offers landing page services.
- It also aids in promotion, publishing and analyzing the app.
- Price: based on duration of the contract and starts with $57.
- It creates reusable online forms that integrate with multi-user workflow. For this, K2 has a drag-and-drop interface. These forms can be connected with Salesforce and SharePoint.
- The users who are on mobile can use the offline forms and sync it once they are online through its back-end services.
- The forms have responsive designs that help them to run on various mobile devices.
- It has features like access to barcode scanning, geolocation, photo-capture, and on-device app integration.
- ViziApps lets you build a mobile web app as well as Android and IOS native apps. For this, it uses a combination of online visual designer and customizable sample apps with code generation.
- The features provided are- 4000 stock images, form fields and charts, navigation bar and panel, 60 background and many user actions.
16. MATS BPM
- MATS builds BPM app using fewer codes and using a quick drag-and-drop design environment.
- For producing responsive user experience it uses process modeling, automation capabilities, UI and form designers.
- This mobile app development platform also creates apps for IOS and Android, and does real-time reporting and analyzing for the same.
- It also integrates with legacy systems and services like Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SalesForce and so on.
- MATS deployment is done through a secure cloud or on premises.
- It is a web-based enterprise platform that creates mobile and web forms. It uses a combination of drag-and-drop forms builder and flexible back-end technology.
- With the aid of forms.com, a developer can-
- Create new forms or re-make an existing paper form.
- Set up process-specific workflow
- API integration
- Capture images in the form
- Capture digital signature and,
- Provide the feature of from-field autofill
- It has also lets the developer collect data from mobile when disconnected and share them once the connection is restored.
- It has a web-based tool for developing simple, WYSIWYG application and desktop tool for adding complex logic and integration.
- Both these tools combine to provide apps that run smoothly on phones, tablets, and desktop using Mendix Atlas UI.
- It has support for offline enabled apps. Through this tool, there is continuous delivery, and it can also integrate with Jenkins and other deploys tools.
- An app based on this tool can be deployed on Mendix, AWS, Azure IBM, Pivotal or SAP cloud or to the developer’s datacenter.
19. AgilePoint NX
- The current version of AgilePoint NX leads the tools when it comes to low-code app development that saves time.
- It can connect to the external system through a combination of the drag-and-drop development environment and strong support.
- It lets you create web apps that are responsive without writing codes. Although, if you wish, you can write the code.
- The backend services components are deployed on-premise or in a private cloud and are offered as a PaaS application too.
- The management console of the tool allows real-time reporting that also manages the workflows, apps, and access.
20. Appy Pie
- It offers a lot of features, 100 to be precise. These include push notification, photo sharing and in-app purchases.
- It also has a template that creates apps directly on Google’s spreadsheet.
- To build a mobile app that is simple in nature and interface, use this tool.
21. Nintex Workflow
- It is a workflow automation tool that works with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint and Project Server.
- It supports:
- Connectors to various business applications
- Content repositories and
- Mobile clients running IOS, Android, Windows and Windows phone
- Online and offline support with real-time synchronization
- It also supports photos, videos, and text inputs.
- You can use it on the cloud or install on the premise.
- Price: $625 for 5 workflow and 25 forms. It increases with usage.
These were the most popular 20 mobile app development tools that you can use to build a web app for various platforms. The decision regarding the selection of these tools can be based on the price and features provided and of course the need of the developer.