If you are reading this, it can be well assumed that you know a thing or two about eCommerce development and are looking for the optimum platform on which you can trust your future ventures. Then you might also know that there is no death of eCommerce platforms in the market with dozens of options available. But if you consider just one simple fact that almost 1 out of every 4 eCommerce applications are built on Magento, it clearly indicates that it is, by all means, the most popular and competent platform among all.
And while Magento was already one of the most powerful tools available to create stunningly beautiful and massively scalable virtual stores, its successor Magento 2 adds, even more, charm and power to the development procedure to create increasingly better-refined products. While the internal architecture remains the same, it has made many major improvements, added multiple features, boosted performance, and much to more to make the platform more resourceful. So let’s take a closer at the improvements that will justify why Magento 2 must be now the de facto choice for eCommerce development:
When it comes to selling products from your virtual store, performance remains one of the core concerns, especially for large stores with catalogue scaling to thousands of products. While Magento 1 was itself pretty impressive in this domain, Magento 2 has made many new subtle changes to boost the performance even further.
- First of all, Magento 2 supports PHP 7, which is known to deliver higher performance and comes with its own set of perks.
- It now offers inbuilt tools for image compression, which until now had to be managed manually.
After the performance, or even before it in some cases, comes front-end that largely determines the appeal of any virtual store and the user experience that it provides is what primarily drives maximum engagement.
- Magento 2 has introduced a new theme called Luma that looks and feels aesthetically better and cleaner than default Magento 1.
- Magento 2 supports responsive designs, i.e the store automatically adapts according to the screen size it is accessed from, thus ensuring a uniform experience across all devices.
- It has also drastically simplified the checkout process and now offers the option of guest-checkout as well.
- It has also improved its way of handling payment gateways to make the process more secure and faster.
- The store now loads in chunks, ensuring that the customers do not have to wait for the full page to load to see the primary content.
Since most of the store owners aren’t geeks, the more simplified the admin panel is, the easier it will be for them to handle, and the more they can focus on other important tasks. Magento 2 has in this aspect, has done a major overhaul to offer a simplified, and feature-rich admin panel.
- To start with, the entire menu and navigational panel is simplified to help you easily locate what you are looking for.
- The store owners can now make small changes like adding or removing a grid by themselves through simple interface without any help from developers.
- Creating a new product has also been simplified and comes with an option to link videos along with images.
- The owners can now easily track all kinds of statics related to sales, taxes, revenues, merchant ratings, among others, through a unified and simple window.
Integration with new payment gateways
Along with the vast array of payment gateways that Magento 1 already supported, Magento 2 has now offered support for multiple other payment gateways like PayPal and Braintree. Apart from supporting these new gateways, it has also many new extensions to make the payment more secure.
To sell maximum products, stores need to catch the maximum number of eyeballs and Magento 2 with its rich snippets on catalogues ensure that your products stand out in search results to device maximum traffic.
Unlike Magento 1, Magento 2 will offer new updates on a quarterly basis to enrich the platform with new security patches and features. This means that the platform is only going to get better in future and the stores running on it will be always endowed with the latest of technologies.
Now if you take a birds-eye view of all the updates and improvements, you will realize that Magento 2 touches upon every aspect important for virtual stores to sustain and propel their business. From speed to experience to simplicity to visibility, there is nothing that Magento 2 doesn’t offer. And perhaps the most important of all is the promise of an even brighter and better future of the platform with new updates that will definitely keep your store on the leading curve.